I LOVE MY KINDLE!

I love my Kindle! Free books, the most recent releases instantly, larger print, and the ability to read outdoors on a sunny day!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Pittsburgh Carnegie Library-Main Branch

My family and I went to Pittsburgh this past weekend and paid a visit to the Carnegie Museum of History and Art. AMAZING!

Attached to that collection of buildings is the main branch of the Carnegie Library-free to the people since 1895. Standing in the main room of the dinosaur display, I looked up at a wall of windows- four floors. In each of the windows were rows and rows of bookshelves.

Sigh.....The Carnegie Library is a fusion of old world meets modern. Imported marble floors meet a trendy cafe bookstore and teen area.Brass doorknobs are flanked by hightech key fob entries. You cannot enter the library from the museum (unless authorized personnel) but it is a public library and since it is affiliated with Carnegie University, it houses a world class collection on every subject you could imagine!

I think I found paradise:)E-books and instant gratification are terrific but give me the smell of old books and the sounds of a whispering library any day!

1 comment:

Henrietta said...

Amen! I am hoping to visit Carnegie Museum someday soon! The family seemed to like the idea ;)