I LOVE MY KINDLE!

I love my Kindle! Free books, the most recent releases instantly, larger print, and the ability to read outdoors on a sunny day!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quotes from Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper"

One of the things I love about Jodi Picoult's books are the quotes that she uses. So from the book I am currently reading..."My Sister's Keeper" ...here are some interesting quotes I have read so far:

"When you only have a hammer,everything looks like a nail."

"If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?"

"The safety of the rescuer is of a higher priority than the safety of the victim. Always."

"Once in second grade, Kate drew a picture of a firefighter with a halo above his helmet. She told her class that I would only be allowed to go to Heaven, because if I went to Hell, I'd put out all the fires."

"Parenting is really just a matter of tracking, hoping your kids do not get so far ahead you can no longer see their next moves."

"I became a firefighter because I wanted to save people. But I should have been more specific. I should have named names."

"A jewel's just a rock put under enormous heat and pressure. Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look."

3 comments:

She said...

This book was a book that I loved to hate. Seriously....I don't enjoy being sad and frustrated, but somehow I couldn't stop reading. :)

christa said...

and that would be me, Christa. oops. I don't know why it signs me in under my old blogger name. :P

Ronda B said...

That's exactly how I feel. Even the librarian said..."Oh, your going to read this? It's really sad!" Yet, I can't put it down! I need to know what Kate's sister decides to do!