I LOVE MY KINDLE!

I love my Kindle! Free books, the most recent releases instantly, larger print, and the ability to read outdoors on a sunny day!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Poppy Done To Deatth by Charlaine Harris

Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden Series)
By Charlaine Harris
Fiction-Mystery
$7.99 Kindle www.amazon.com
Released May 20, 2009


"Poppy" is the last novel in the "Aurora Teagarden" series and by far the most underwhelming. Which is saying a lot considering these books are pretty simple to begin with. Harris stuck to her tried and true formula for this book so there are no fresh surprises.

"Poppy" follows Aurora Teagarden as she tries to solve the murder mystery of her sister-in-law, Poppy. Was she murdered by her husband, one of her numerous lovers or one of their scorned wives?

Teagarden is continuing her relationship with writer Robin Crusoe that was renewed in the last book. Her step-brother Philip makes an appearance  and Roe has once again found herself dealing closely with ex and police chief Arthur Smith.

I do not want to go into too much detail as far as the plot so as not to give any spoilers but the mysteries in this book reminded me of a "Maury" episode. Who my baby daddy?

This story goes "pfftttt" and loses steam and Harris throws in too many plot twists and turns that never develop. This is the end of the series and I was left with several unanswered questions!

Researching time lines for the publishing date of this book, I realized Harris was probably writing the first book in what is now known as the "True Blood' series. Those books rock! So I will forgive her if she dropped the ball on this- she was distracted with "fangtasticness".


Recommend it: I wouldn't, unless, like me, you read it because you have read all of the other books in the series or because you are a die-hard Charlaine Harris fan.


But: No Butts.

No comments: