I LOVE MY KINDLE!

I love my Kindle! Free books, the most recent releases instantly, larger print, and the ability to read outdoors on a sunny day!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Things I"ve Learned About My Kindle

A couple of little things I've discovered recently about my Kindle.
I actually was able to buy more physical hard copy books with my money than if I would have bought e-books for my reader. On Amazon.com. And with free shipping. Hmmmm-keep that in mind if you order a book and you aren't in a hurry or particular about the format.

When you are surfing for books on your WI-FI enabled Kindle- take the time to check out all the extras. Many of the available extras are compiled and submitted by the amazon.com community and contain spoilers. You can choose to keep the spoilers "hidden".

Each book varies on what the "extras" are and some are only available after you purchase the book for your Kindle. Most though, seem to have the following:If the book is part of a series. A list of the main characters.
Memorable quotes.

"Ridiculously Simplified Synopses". Read these just because they are funny.

A summary-very good-especially if you don't have time to read my blog;)
Settings and Important Places. Glossary. Organizations mentioned/featured in the book. Awards the book received. Themes and symbolism. Authors and Contributors.

First Edition. Kinda cool-you can see when it's been published abroad.
Classification. Subjects covered. The first sentence.
Notes for parents.Love this- it tells you if it's Adult Content. Be warned though; this is submitted by the amazon.com community.It's subjective.

 Similar books by other authors. And finally books that may have been mentioned in said book:)

No comments: