I LOVE MY KINDLE!

I love my Kindle! Free books, the most recent releases instantly, larger print, and the ability to read outdoors on a sunny day!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Quotes from "The Help"

The quotes are copied the way they were written in the book-true to the dialect and grammar that Kathryn Stockett used.


"Change begins with a whisper."


"We are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought."


"And I swear I see, down inside, the woman she gone grow up to be. A flash from the future. She is tall and straight. She is proud. She got a better haircut. And she is remembering the words I put in her head. Remembering as a full grown woman."


"You is kind. You is smart. You is important."


"I know something about you and don't you forget that.....and from what I hear, they's a lot of time to write a lot a letters in jail...time to write to ever person in Jackson the truth about you. Plenty a time and the paper is free....."



I must say my favorite line is the one above ".....Plenty of time and the paper is free..." Such a bad-ass threat. Love it. Spoken in the book by Aibileen to Hilly.

No comments: